A first hand look...
Displays rotate periodically.
Open Sundays from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., April to December. Closed all holiday weekends. Open anytime by appointment to groups.
Comments or Questions about the Museum?
Email Don Wilson at
A little about the museum...
The Flushing Depot was built in 1888 and provided passenger service until 1971. In 1975 it was converted to the "Depot Restaurant," but in 1980 a fire gutted the building leaving only the outside walls standing. In February 1984 the former owners donated the remains of the building to the Flushing Area Historical Society. Under the leadership of Paul Wightman, fund raisers, private donations and grants from the Community Development Block Grants and Michigan Equity Funds provided money for restoration. The Depot was restored to its former appearance and opened as the Flushing Area Museum and Cultural Center on June 7, 1997.
Can you help out?...
The Museum is always happy to accept historical documents, photographs, or artifacts and will make every effort to preserve them for future generations. Don Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) should be contacted about donation of artifacts. Or, consider a financial donation to insure the continued support of our preservation efforts. The Historical Society is a 501 C(3) tax-exempt, non-profit Michigan Corporation.